- 8.66 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 3,465.00
- 9.66 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 3,865.00
- 5.43 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 2,170.00
- 4.53 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 1,810.00
- 4.35 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 1,740.00
- 3.91 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 1,565.00
- 8.96 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 3,585.00
- 5.87 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 2,350.00
- 6.98 carat Natural and certified IoliteRs. 2,790.00
Iolite Stone Facts & FAQ
A look like Blue Sapphire, Iolite is known to be the birthstone of the Virgo sun sign. It can also be worn by Capricorn and Aquarius as a substitute of Neelam (Blue Sapphire). This beautiful blue-violet gemstone carries the spirit of dream and intuition.
What are the properties of Iolite Stone?
Color: Light to dark blue, purplish-blue, brown, yellow, gray. Rarely red to brownish-red
Hardness in Mohs scale: 7-7.5
Nature of Solid: Transparent or opaque crystal
Refractive Index: 1.542 to 1.551
Birefringence: 0.008 to 0.012
Specific Gravity: 2.6-2.7
What is the most desirable color of Iolite Stone?
An iolite stone can be light to dark blue and can appear brown, yellow, grey, red and brown by reflecting the light at different angles. An ideal iolite is soft, saturated blue-violet color. The quality of Iolite decreases with a fading violet color to white or transparent. A fragile Iolite with white spots or minor cracks is considered as the worst quality of Iolite stone.
What is the price of natural Iolite?
The price of Iolite depends on the quality (color, cut, shape) and weight of the gemstone. A rich blue-violet colored Iolite free of inclusions are most valued. The Iolite gemstone price in India varies from Rs 300 per carat ($4.25 approx) to Rs 900 per carat ($12.74 approx) depending on the quality of the gemstone in India.
What are the benefits of wearing an Iolite?
Iolite stone is said to be “guidance stone” and has gained importance in the field of gemstone due to its beneficial effects.
Iolite (Neeli) stone is also known as “water sapphire” and is known to be as powerful as Blue Sapphire.