Zircon stone Facts & FAQ
Zircon is the original diamond stimulant and represents the Venus. It is a multi-colored stone that has been adorned for its astrological importance since the ancient times. It is the birthstone for those born in December. However, it has been underrated over the years.
What are the properties of real Zircon?
Color: Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow, White, Brown, Pink, Purple and Grey.
Hardness: 6.5 – 7.5
Nature of solid: Transparent Crystal
Refractive Index: 1.81 to 2.024
Birefringence: 0 to 0.059
Specific Gravity: 3.90 to 4.73
What is the most desirable color of real Zircon?
Zircon occurs in a wide range of colors such as blue, red, orange, yellow, white, brown, pink, grey, purple and white. The white or colorless is likely the least valuable or important. The blue zircon usually occurring with green pleochroism is the most popular zircon today. Hence, medium dark pure blue Zircon is the most desirable for astrological purpose. The Green Zircon is very rare and also very expensive.
What is the price of real Zircon?
The price of real Zircon depends on the quality, weight, color, clarity, lustre, cut and shape of the gemstone. A clear transparent pure blue zircon renders a high value. A real blue Zircon is priced between $300 per carat and $400 per carat. However, the yellow zircon, also known as honey Zircon is priced low. Similarly, the price for red zircon is low.
What are the benefits of Zircon?
Different colors of Zircon provide several benefits if adorned properly.
- Boost to Relationship: Zircon is believed to bring happiness and harmony into any interpersonal relationship. Adorning a Zircon ensures marital bliss.
- Provides Immunity: White Zircon is known to boost immunity of the wearer and gift a good health.
- Healing Power: The healing power of Zircon acts on the upper respiratory tract and also aids bronchial infection, asthma, cough and cold. Adorning a real zircon can also help in managing diabetes and cure ailments in the reproductive system of the wearer.
- Boost to Creative Professionals: Zircon releases energy that boosts the creativity of the wearer and hence it is considered as a lucky stone for the people pursuing their career in and creative field and entertainment like music, public relations, artists, event management and writers.
- Regulate Sleep: Zircon is believed to prevent nightmares gifting the wearer a sound and deep sleep.
Zircon provides a multiple choice of colors with their respective advantages.